Wallpaper for bedroom
Learn more about bedroom wallpapers:
The bedroom is the place where to wind down and relax, so the room needs to have a calming and peaceful interior. But that doesn’t mean that it has to be plain or boring. You can decorate the bedroom with interesting and eye-catching elements – just keep in mind your personal bedroom requirements and decorate accordingly.
What to keep in mind when choosing wallpaper for the bedroom
The first thing to remember when thinking about any interior design rules – it all comes down to your personal style and what you like to see in your bedroom and other rooms. However, if you are ready to take some notes and follow some tips, here we go!
- To make the bedroom feel bigger
a) Choose light-colored prints for bedroom wallpaper. There has been a misconception that you need to avoid prints at all if you don’t want your room to look small. The tip here is to use light-toned wallpaper with light prints. Great options are, for example, these bedroom wallpapers: “Lotus”, “Scattered Shells”, and “Tiny Branch”.
b) Add an accent wall. A very busy and colorful print on all the walls will make the room appear smaller. If you want something big and bold, just don’t cover all four walls in the room but choose to do an accent wall! That way you get the print you wanted, but the room still feels spacious. Usually, a good place where to add an accent is on the wall behind the bed – the bed is the focal point of the room and the accent wall just emphasizes it even more.
c) Use wallpaper with vertical lines. To make the ceiling appear higher, use wallpaper that has vertical lines or print that is sorted in vertical line configuration. Just keep in mind that light colors will help the room expand horizontally as well as vertically.
- Express the style with bedroom wallpaper
There are many interior design styles. To make a room look coherent it is a good idea to find a style you like and set up the room with that in mind. It can be the same style for all the house or every room can have a different one. It all depends on your preference and liking.
Since walls are a pretty big surface area, they definitely set the tone for the room. They can be plain white for minimalistic room decor, or have a printed wallpaper on all of the walls or just one – the accent wall. The walls can also be colored in a certain color or pattern that reflects the style you would like for the room.
Here are some popular interior design styles and suggestions for bedroom wallpapers that go well with them:
- Minimalistic. Even though this interior design style usually is expressed with plain white walls there are some options for wallpaper as well. Definitely choose light, spacious prints that are almost unnoticeable but still give a room a little bit of an interesting twist. You can try, for example, bedroom wallpapers “Poly lines” or “Unique lines”. Something with simple elements that still have enough space between them so the print doesn’t look crowded.
- Contemporary. This style usually sticks to black, white, and neutral palettes, so it is perfect for the bedroom. The colors and prints are not bright so they won’t disturb a good night's sleep. If you are interested in a contemporary style for your bedroom, try one of these wallpapers: “Banana leaves”, “Sun ball”, or “Lotus”.
- Midcentury modern. Midcentury modern can be colorful as well as muted, so for the bedroom, you can choose a more muted option if you like. If you choose the midcentury modern look, go for geometric shapes. Good wallpapers for bedrooms in this style are: “Four Leaves”, “Continuous lines”, and “Abstract Geometry”.
- Modern Farmhouse. White, wood and natural materials characterize this style. It is clean and fresh, and therefore great for bedrooms. If you like crisp white in combination with wooden brown, try this style! Wallpapers that will go well with it are: “Modern Conifer”, “Unique Lines”, and “Stylized leaves”.
- Bohemian. The boho style is for all of those who love to travel, do second-hand shopping, and have things that are one of a kind with a story. Bohemian also usually goes well with earthy tones and milky white, but the color scheme can also be colorful. Here are some wallpapers that will look amazing in a boho bedroom: “Paper Ikat”, “Cute Petals”, “Pasley Floral”, and “Forest Dream”.
- Transitional. The transitional style is something in between modern and old-fashioned styles. It is represented by clean lines, beige colors, and classical items. It is perfect for the bedroom because it uses lots of layers, textures, and muted colors. Check out these bedroom wallpapers if you are interested in creating your bedroom in transitional style: “Imperial rococo”, “Golden Palm”, and “Blue Foliage”.
- Go beyond walls with wallpaper in the bedroom
Walls are a great place where to put wallpaper, but you can also use it for some unexpected places as well. For example, line the inside of a closet with wallpaper. You can use this idea if you want some printed wallpaper but don’t want to put it on the walls or you want to achieve some unreal matching vibes and match it with the wallpaper in the room. Either way, it will look great! Similarly, you can line the inside of the drawers. If there is a small nook or niche in the room, you can line it with the wallpaper as well. It will give depth and coherency to the room and will be an interesting element that catches the eye.
- Wallpaper types and application
From a practical standpoint, there are two types of wallpapers – stick and peel and traditional.
Traditional wallpaper is applied with wallpaper glue that is added additionally to the back of the wallpaper. You can do it yourself, but some skills in this job will be a preference to hang it nicely. It is also hard to remove this wallpaper and will require some tools and repainting of the wall underneath.
However, stick and peel wallpaper is like a big sticker that you stick to the wall. It is easier to apply than the traditional wallpaper but looks as good. The removal process is also effortless – just tear it down. It leaves no residue so the wall underneath is intact.
Have a little bit of experimentation!
The bedroom is the perfect place where to have a little bit of experimentation with the wallpaper. If you have been thinking about adding some prints to your home, but weren’t sure is it for you, try them out in the bedroom! This is the room where you don’t spend lots of time awake, so you can afford to take some risks. The only thing to keep in mind is that it is a room where to relax so choose wallpaper prints that calm you down. For some, it might be pastel colors or dark tones, for some – bright colors and busy prints.
Have any questions?
If you are interested in bedroom wallpapers from our shop but are not sure about some details, don’t hesitate to contact us! We offer a sample for every wallpaper, so you can check it out and see how it looks on the wall before you purchase a whole roll, so be sure to try this option out as well. If you have any other questions our support team will be happy to answer them all. Happy decorating!